Friday, January 22, 2010

Face

I look at myself in the mirror while brushing my teeth. I admire my face. My head lightly balding at the front, my thinning hair, my wide forehead, moderately hairy uneven brows, my small eyes melting within themselves, I bring to them a voluntary glow to see how they look and then, a normal dull look. My cheeks, with pinched pimples, look dark due to the pain from my pinching attacks, their complaining marks left behind maybe to disappear later. My nose, with tiny heads on either side, reflects light at its tip over the mirror. My nostrils, two dark caves, I can only feel with my thinner fingers but never see within. Deep passages lie there hiding from me inside me. Light hair, just under that groove under my nose, shows itself only to keen eyes. My lips with the foam of toothpaste all over, manage it from trickling down further, balancing it on the lips and the chin. If not for the water and the toothpaste foam, they would’ve looked dried up, with freshly ripped skin at spots, thanks to my restless teeth, they look a non-uniform brownish, blackish and pinkish red. An abrupt curve turns inside and then out, shaping my chin with a small partition, like an afterthought, at its bottom. Maybe, the original plan was to have two of those too, but later seemed unnecessary. My ears, small, carry two white orbs, just seeming fit for them, not burdening them too much. They are matching-matching with my eyes, that’s the best part. End of Face

2 comments:

  1. you sure are self obsessed! what a burra-badhudu post!

    ReplyDelete